Today is my first official day of unemployment. The woman they hired to replace me is doing fantastic, and although I had told my boss I would stay through this week and come in next week if necessary, I figured since the new person had a handle on it, I would be forgiven for leaving. Today has been great, it's the first time I've actually relaxed in forever. I know I have a ton of stuff to do but...I think relaxing is on the top of the list, at least for one day.
I'm leaving tomorrow to see my cousin, Mary-Leah, in Toronto before I go. And for those of you who are counting, we're leaving in 12 days. Yup, 12. I didn't really get to spend any time with her at the going away party last weekend, so this should be a good opportunity to get some quality "cos" time in. Now to convince her that she must come to visit me in Cape Verde...
On a technical note, one of the shortcomings (or what I see as a shortcoming) of Blogger (the site that is hosting this here blog you are reading) is that there is no place for you, the reader, to sign up to receive emails when we update our blog. There is the option to subscribe to a "feed," but honestly, for all my time on line I still don't "get" feeds, and given that a lot of people who are reading the blog may be more technically challanged than I am, I've set up a "work around" for the problem. All you have to do is email me or leave a comment here with your email address, and I will subscribe you to a Google group that I set up - basically when we post a blog entry or photos, a notice will be sent to members of the Google group stating that we've updated the blog.
And in the AWESOME news department...I got a scholarship from World Hoop Day to take a bunch of hoops (hula hoops) to Africa with me! I don't know how much it will be yet, I should know hopefully tomorrow, but I'm so excited! I had planned on taking the four that I have with me and then see if I could have folks help me with a fundraiser to get more $ to send hoops over, but this it awesome, I will hopefully be able to just bring a bunch with me! So I'll put the plug out there as well: if you'd like to donate material/supplies or money to help me bring/send hoops to Africa, let me know!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow...
You guys are just so cool ;)
I don't want you to go, out of total selfishness...
I totally envy you guys going, for the adventure and education.
Wishing you two the best from here in the west !
The TrundleBum
I am going to miss you both tremendously. It is going to be hard to come into work and see Josh's empty desk. On the other hand I have mentioned I live my adventures through others so I cat wait to hear all about it! :0)
I wish you both a safe and unforgettable journey!
Google has two different ways of seeing blog feeds. They have their google reader, which I've honestly never used. But if you use firefox, any time you go to a page and see a little orange and white box up in the address bar, you can click that and it should ask you if you want to add the page to either your google homepage or your google reader. I add everything to my google homepage (igoogle). It shows me the titles of the most recent blogs or updates for each blog or page I subscribe to.
Post a Comment