Tuesday, July 8, 2008

(Dove) WE'RE GOING!!!!

WOAH what a week! I got up this morning at 6 to call PC-Washington to talk with Toni. She called me back around 6:15am. It went something like this:

Toni - Dove, I just want to let you know that I spend the whole day yesterday, and I mean the entire day, trying to get you guys to go to Cape Verde (small pause in which time I think my heart stopped beating), and you guys are going.

Me - (Lots of squeeling and jumping up and down...ok not really, but that's what I was doing on the inside. On the outside it was more like...) Oh my god Toni! Really?! Thank you so much, you are so amazing, I can't believe you made this happen!

And there you have it. Apparently they haden't even cancelled our plane tickets etc, so Toni even called all of THOSE folks to ensure we were still on the same flights and had our hotel still booked etc. I know a lot of folks report having major issues with the nurses at PCOMS but I was extremely lucky to have Toni on my side; after originally getting medically declined, she helped me through the appeal process and really helped me keep going.

So we're back on track and leaving in SIX days! It's almost like the little "break" from going made the time fly by that much faster; I can't believe it's finally happening. I'm almost afraid to put too much stock into it, just in case something ELSE happens. *sigh*

1 comment:

Dove's Mom said...

I'm so sad you're leaving :o(