Thursday, July 3, 2008

No Longer Going to Cape Verde

So this will be short, because I'm still very upset. Josh and I are not going to Cape Verde. The medical office called today and said that one of the medications I am taking is not available in Cape Verde. Remember, of course, that they knew this and that originally it was one of the "accomodations" they were making, and thus we thought that is why we were going to Cape Verde in the first place. But someone must have dropped the ball and now, 11 days before we leave, we are no longer going.

The "good" news is that we are still medically cleared and they have put us as a priority to find us new placement asap, most likely in Eastern Europe or the Pacific Islands.

We are devestated. We have sold everthing or given it away, we have no apartment or car, I quit my job already. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts. We will keep you posted.

-Dove

No comments: