Today is the day! This morning has been crazy already, so why not blog, right? Here is some requested (and not requested) info for everyone. First, if you'd like to mail us while we're in training for the next 9-10 weeks, you can send mail to:
Dove and Josh Russo, PCT
A/C Corpo da Paz
C.P. 375 - Praia
Republic of Cape Verde
If you go to the post office, ask them if they can route all mail through Boston - it's more likely to arrive that way.
Also, here are a couple links to recent pics from going away parties and such:
Josh's going away lunch at SophiTec
http://www.flickr.com/photos/doveandjoshua/sets/72157606158039010/
Our "family" going away party:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/doveandjoshua/sets/72157606161851547/
Our "friends" going away party:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/doveandjoshua/sets/72157606162164951/
Sorry they're not edited at all, I just got them onto the computer this morning and didn't have time to go through anything.
I also wanted to take a second to thank a ton of people for everything they have done for us in prep for this trip. I know, it's lame to not send thank you notes, but we've just been too crazy:
Aunt Shirley, Uncle Pete, Patty, Carol and Phyllis - thank you so much for your generous gifts, it was much appreciated!
Colista - thanks for the penicillin and cd, both will come in handy ;o)
Hope - thank you for the shopping basket, soon it will smell like fish!
Meredith - I love the drawings and can't wait to hang them on my wall
Spydah - the crunchies are already gone. Surprise!
World Hoop Day - thanks for the scholarship for the hoops, we had enough to purchase materials for about 25 hoops and are having it shipped to us!
Kim - thanks for running around looking for luggage locks, and to you and Michael for our upcoming packages!
Fred - thanks for the van, keep the bees
Serge - thank you for lunch, and for teaching Josh so much about computers, business, and not settling for a crappy workplace
Gordon, Bridget, Claudette and Ollie - for offering your homes during our "crisis" times...we have some amazing friends (who live in awesome places too!)
Thank you everyone for your well wishes, your prayers, energy...and just putting up with this whole saga for so long!
And of course to our parents, for having us (yay!), raising us to be pretty cool people, and for supporting us all our lives and especially now. We love you!
So before I start to tear up...
-Dove
See ya in a couple years!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (is that two years worth of bye?)
Congrats! I don't get to leave for another year :(
Do you mind if I link to your blog on my blog? (http://lostincirculation.blogspot.com/)
I'm trying to help my family and friends understand more about what it'll be like!
Have a SUPER time!
(way jealous!)
-Sara
We're so proud of both of you. Stay safe--be happy and SMILE! You'll love your time there. If you EVER need anything, just e-mail and we'll send it to you.
We love you both. Can't wait to read of your adventures!!
xoxoox
Claude and Ollie (:
Hi Josh & Dove ---
This is Javier ... we just met this afternoon on your flight from ROC to Boston ... I sat across the aisle from you.
Have a wonderful time and I will check on your blog to hear what's going on.
Enjoy,
Javier
Post a Comment