Yes folks, this is actually Josh. I'm not just a cardboard figure next to Dove in all of those pictures.
So we finally figured out a good way to upload batches of pictures from the internet cafés here. Now you have more than a few pictures for you to feast your eyes on from Dia de Jovem (yes there were more), Helena my host mom's surprise party we threw for her just before we left, our trip to Porto Novo, and some pics of our new town. Though as I'm righting this I'm realizing that we didn't actually take any of our actual apartment. That's probably because it's kinda drab, but we love it anyway. It gets a great breeze most of the time which is very much appreciated here where the biggest difficulty is the heat. Though if that's all we have to deal with from the environment, I'll take it.
So here are the remainder of the pics from Dia de Jovem. Everyone had a blast, especially with the hoops.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/doveandjoshua/sets/72157607598228676/
And here are the pics from the surprise party! The guy in the pics who sort of looks like me is Helena’s host son from last year, who is also an IT guy…kind of weird. Not him, just the similarities.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/doveandjoshua/sets/72157607608819837/
Next are photos from swearing in. Sorry if some are blurry, the camera was passed around a bit. There are also a lot of pics here from our friend N’s capoera group that was formed during PST.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/doveandjoshua/sets/72157607604498760/
Then there are pics en route to Porto Novo, including pics of Mindelo (though not a lot, I didn’t want to have my camera out in public a lot, even though Mindelo is a very safe place) and of Porto Novo as we crossed on the ferry. (Dove: Hey Spydah, check out all the Nice food they have in Cape Verde! ;o)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/doveandjoshua/sets/72157607612524587/
And last, a few pics of us arriving in Porto Novo, and pictures from the roof of our place. It’s another hot day and it’s pretty hazy, so we couldn’t get a good shot of the mountains or of Sao Vincent/Mindelo, but I’m sure there will be many more to come!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/doveandjoshua/sets/72157607612524607/
Ok so I didn't get to say very much about our new place and now my time is running short. Porto Novo is a fantastic little growing city. It has a brand new high school. From there I met a teacher who is eager to help me with my language every day. Until next time, of which I promise there will be.
Ti logu,
Josh
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ohg who can tell, all you white people look alike!
Post a Comment